North Carolina General Statues require municipalities to keep the public informed and notified of most items of public business conducted by the City Council. In most cases, the law requires notice to be published in a newspaper of general circulation. Typically, notices are placed under the "Legal Notices" heading. We also make these notices to the public available here.
Bid postings, RFPs, RFQs
Public Hearing - Consideration of an Application from Marilyn Gordon of Miken, LLC to Rezone Parcel #9568-64-8536 and #9568-64-8783 from R-15 Medium Density Residential to C2 Secondary Business District – Open Public Hearing and Continue to December 5, 2019 Meeting at the Request of the Applicant
RESOLUTION OF INTENT - A resolution declaring the intention of the City of Hendersonville City Council to consider closing a portion of an unopened and unimproved right-of-way for Park Street located on PINs 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754
WHEREAS, NC General Statute (G.S.) 160A-299 authorizes the City Council to close public streets and alleys, and
WHEREAS, Stephen Robertson, has petitioned the Council of the City of Hendersonville to close a portion of an unopened and unimproved right-of-way for Park Street located on PINs 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754.
WHEREAS, the City Council considers it advisable to conduct a public hearing for the purpose of giving consideration to the closing of a portion of an unopened and unimproved right-of-way for Park Street located on PINs 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Hendersonville:
1. A meeting will be held at 5:45 p.m. on the seventh day of November 2019, in the Assembly Room of the Operations Center to consider closing a portion of an unopened and unimproved ROW for Park Street.
2. The City Clerk is hereby directed to publish this Resolution of Intent once a week for four successive weeks.
3. The City Clerk is further directed to transmit by registered or certified mail to each owner of property abutting upon that portion of said street a copy of the Resolution of Intent.
4. The City Clerk is further directed to cause adequate notices of the Resolution of Intent and the scheduled public hearing to be posted as required by G.S. 160A-299.
Adopted by the City Council at a meeting held on the fifth day of September 2019.
Tammie K. Drake, City Clerk
A meeting of the City of Hendersonville City Council will be held on Thursday, November 7, 2019, at 5:45 p.m., in the City Operations Center located at 305 Williams Street, Hendersonville, NC to hold the following public hearings:
- Annexation Petition - Application from Clear Creek Investment Group, LLC for the satellite annexation of 72.2 acres located on Clear Creek Road identified as tax parcels 9660-90-7491, 9660-90-2975, 9660-81-8633 and 9660-82-5607.
- Conditional Zoning District – Application from Clear Creek Investment Group, LLC for a rezoning to a Conditional Zoning District for parcel #9660-90-7491, 9660-90-2975, 9660-81-8633 and parcel 9660-81-0640 located on Clear Creek Road. The applicant proposes to rezone the parcels to PRDCZD, Planned Residential Development Conditional Zoning District.
- Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments – Amendment to Article XIII Sign Regulation Maintenance and Enforcement Section 13-1-5 Animated and Illuminated Signs, Section 13-3-1 Maintenance Requirements and Article XII Definition of Terms Section 12-2 Definition of Commonly Used Terms.
All supplementary materials related to these agenda items are available for public inspection and review at the City Development Assistance Department, located at 100 N. King Street, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
All interested persons are invited to attend and participate.
Tammie K. Drake, City Clerk