North Carolina General Statues require municipalities to keep the public informed and notified of most items of public business conducted by the City Council. In most cases, the law requires notice to be published in a newspaper of general circulation. Typically, notices are placed under the "Legal Notices" heading. We also make these notices to the public available here.
Bid postings, RFPs, RFQs
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
The City Council of the City of Hendersonville will hold a special meeting to:
1) review and consider the bank bids for the Construction of the Public Works Maintenance Facility at Patton Park, the Main Street Corridor Restroom Facility and Whitmire Building Improvements,
2) Conduct a Public Hearing to consider revisions to the Grey Hosiery Mill Development Agreement.
3) Consideration of a Citizen Participation Plan Required for the Community Development Block Grant 2018 7th Avenue Revitalization Project (added 09.19.18)
This special meeting will be held:
Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Location: City Hall
145 Fifth Ave. E.
Hendersonville NC 28792
Other topics may be discussed.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE IS GIVEN that the Hendersonville City Council will conduct a public hearing relating to the City of Hendersonville entering into an amendment to an existing Master Development Agreement ("Agreement") pursuant to North Carolina General Statutes ' 160A‑400.25 with Grey Mill Ventures, L.L.C., LLC. Pursuant to the Agreement, by which the City conveyed to Grey Mill Ventures, L.L.C. certain real property consisting of 2.28 acres more or less, identified as Henderson County PINs 9568-88-9495, 9568-98-0317, 9568-88-7505, 9568-88-7545, 9568-88-7586, and 9568-88-8544 generally known as the block containing the Old Mill Building at 4th and Grove Streets in Hendersonville.
The original Agreement provided for the conveyance of the Property, including all buildings and related improvements, together with all rights, title, privileges, and easements appurtenant to the land, including without limitation, all of the City's rights, title, and interest in and to land underlying and the airspace overlaying any public or private ways or streets crossing or abutting said real property as bounded by Fifth Avenue East, Grove Street, and Fourth Avenue East, as a development project in consideration of which the purchaser Grey Mill Ventures L.L.C as developer/purchaser, was to pay the City a purchase price of $1,000.000.00 the purpose of improving economic development of the community.
The proposed amendment would amend the nature of the project from a hotel project to the construction of a housing project and would include in its terms certain requirements that the developer/purchaser would provide for certain units to be offered as moderate- and low-cost housing. In addition, the amendment would provide for the reimbursement by the City to the developer/purchaser, in installments, 40% of the purchase price in consideration for the provision by the developer/purchaser of the aforementioned services.
A copy of the proposed Agreement, including attachments will be available for public inspection at the Administrative offices of the City of Hendersonville, situated on the second floor of the Hendersonville City Hall, 145 Fifth Avenue East, Hendersonville.
The City Council intends to accept public comment and vote on the conveyance of the real property following the public hearing.
The hearing will be held in the City Council Chambers located in Hendersonville City Hall at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday September 25, 2018. At the time and place fixed for this public hearing, the City will discuss the terms of the Development Agreement and related documents and the City Council will receive public comment on the Agreement.
Tammie Drake, City Clerk
A meeting of the City of Hendersonville City Council will be held on Thursday, October 4, 2018, at 5:45 p.m., in the Council Chambers in City Hall located at 145 Fifth Ave. E., Hendersonville, NC, to consider the following:
- Conditional Zoning District – Application from Ebenezer Church located at 2557 Chimney Rock Road to rezone the parcel located at 2557 Chimney Rock Road from HMU, Highway Mixed Use to C-3CZD, Highway Business Conditional Zoning District. (File P18-23-CZD)
All supplementary materials related to these agenda items are available for public inspection and review at the City Development Assistance Department, located at 100 N. King Street, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Tammie K. Drake, City Clerk
The City of Hendersonville Development Assistance Department, in accordance with National Flood Insurance Program regulation 65.7(b)(1), hereby gives notice of the City’s intent to revise the flood hazard information, generally located between 100 feet to 6,900 feet upstream of White Street (SR 1170). The flood hazard revisions are being proposed as part of a Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) Case No. 17-04-0499R for a proposed project along Mud Creek.
Halvorsen Development Corporation is proposing a redevelopment for a new retail grocery building. The LOMR will, in part, revise the following flood hazards along Mud Creek.
1. The floodway will be revised from approximately 100 feet upstream of White Street to approximately 1,000 feet upstream of White Street along Mud Creek. The floodway revision is for the removal of the redevelopment area from the floodway and does not affect the overall width of the floodway or floodway boundaries outside of the proposed redevelopment area.
2. Base Flood Elevations (BFEs) show a minor increase of 0.01’ along Mud Creek when compared to the effective model in an area approximately 6,050 feet upstream of the White Street bridge, however, a comparison to existing conditions do not reflect an actual increase in flood elevations.
3. The Special Flood Hazard Area will decrease along Mud Creek.
Maps and detailed analysis of the revision can be reviewed at the Development Assistance Department located at 100 N. King Street, Hendersonville, NC. Interested persons may call the Floodplain Administrator at 828-697-3010 for additional information from September 30, 2018 to October 31, 2018.