North Carolina General Statues require municipalities to keep the public informed and notified of most items of public business conducted by the City Council. In most cases, the law requires notice to be published in a newspaper of general circulation. Typically, notices are placed under the "Legal Notices" heading. We also make these notices to the public available here.
Bid postings, RFPs, RFQs
A meeting of the City of Hendersonville City Council will be held on Thursday, October 3, 2019, at 5:45 p.m., in City Hall located at 145 Fifth Avenue East, to consider the following:
- Annexation Petition - Application from Dustin Beach of Tri County Construction for contiguous annexation of parcel 9578-42-9164 located on Old Spartanburg Road.
- Franchise Agreement – HVL Pedal & Brews, LLC for the operation of a trolley bike tour service.
- Conditional Zoning District – Application from Michael Vann of Vann Investments, LLC for a rezoning to a Conditional Zoning District for parcel #9579-05-8899 located on the corner of Signal Hill Road and Linda Vista Drive. The applicant proposes to rezone the parcel from PCD, Planned Commercial Development to PCDPZD, Planned Commercial Development Conditional Zoning District.
- Zoning Map Amendment – An application from Marilyn Gordon of Miken, LLC to rezone parcel #9568-64-8536 and #9568-64-8783 from R-15 Medium Density Residential to C-2 Secondary Business District.
- Zoning Text Amendments – Amendment to Article VI Section 6-18-3 and Article VII Section 7-4-5 concerning the submission of Traffic Impact Analysis.
All supplementary materials related to these agenda items are available for public inspection and review at the City Development Assistance Department, located at 100 N. King Street, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
ll interested persons are invited to attend and participate.
Tammie K. Drake, City Clerk
RESOLUTION OF INTENT - A resolution declaring the intention of the City of Hendersonville City Council to consider closing a portion of an unopened and unimproved right-of-way for Park Street located on PINs 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754
WHEREAS, NC General Statute (G.S.) 160A-299 authorizes the City Council to close public streets and alleys, and
WHEREAS, Stephen Robertson, has petitioned the Council of the City of Hendersonville to close a portion of an unopened and unimproved right-of-way for Park Street located on PINs 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754.
WHEREAS, the City Council considers it advisable to conduct a public hearing for the purpose of giving consideration to the closing of a portion of an unopened and unimproved right-of-way for Park Street located on PINs 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Hendersonville:
1. A meeting will be held at 5:45 p.m. on the seventh day of November 2019, in the Council Chambers of City Hall to consider closing a portion of an unopened and unimproved ROW for Park Street.
2. The City Clerk is hereby directed to publish this Resolution of Intent once a week for four successive weeks.
3. The City Clerk is further directed to transmit by registered or certified mail to each owner of property abutting upon that portion of said street a copy of the Resolution of Intent.
4. The City Clerk is further directed to cause adequate notices of the Resolution of Intent and the scheduled public hearing to be posted as required by G.S. 160A-299.
Adopted by the City Council at a meeting held on the fifth day of September 2019.
Tammie K. Drake, City Clerk