North Carolina General Statues require municipalities to keep the public informed and notified of most items of public business conducted by the City Council. In most cases, the law requires notice to be published in a newspaper of general circulation. Typically, notices are placed under the "Legal Notices" heading. We also make these notices to the public available here.
Bid postings, RFPs, RFQs
RESOLUTION OF INTENT
A resolution declaring the intention of the City of Hendersonville City Council to consider closing a portion of an unimproved Right-of-Way (25 feett for West Pine Street located on PIN 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754
WHEREAS, NC General Statute (G.S.) 160A-299 authorizes the City Council to close public streets and alleys, and
WHEREAS, Stephen Robertson, has petitioned the Council of the City of Hendersonville to close a portion of an unimproved right-of-way (25 feet) for West Pine Street located on PIN 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754.
WHEREAS, the City Council considers it advisable to conduct a public hearing for the purpose of giving consideration to the closing of a portion of an unimproved ROW (25’ ft.) for West Pine Street located on PIN 9568-44-6575 and 9568-44-5754.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Hendersonville:
1. A meeting will be held at 5:45 p.m. on the fifth day of March 2020, in the Council Chambers of City Hall to consider closing a portion of an unimproved ROW (25’ ft.) for West Pine Street.
2. The City Clerk is hereby directed to publish this Resolution of Intent once a week for four successive weeks.
3. The City Clerk is further directed to transmit by registered or certified mail to each owner of property abutting upon that portion of said street a copy of the Resolution of Intent.
4. The City Clerk is further directed to cause adequate notices of the Resolution of Intent and the scheduled public hearing to be posted as required by G.S. 160A-299.
Adopted by the City Council at a meeting held on the ninth day of January 2020.
Tammie Drake, City Clerk
A meeting of the City of Hendersonville City Council will be held on Thursday, February 6, 2020, at 5:45 p.m., in the Council Chambers in City Hall located at 160 Sixth Avenue East, Hendersonville, NC to consider the following:
- Zoning Map Amendment – Rezoning for rezoning of parcel numbers 9577-89-1783, 9577-89-3603, 9577-89-3576, 9577-89-4851 and 9577-89-6845, to CHMU Commercial Highway Mixed Use. The property is approximately 2.61 acres located on Upward Road.
- Subdivision Ordinance – Consideration and adoption of a new Subdivision Ordinance.
All supplementary materials related to these agenda items are available for public inspection and review at the City Development Assistance Department, located at 100 N. King Street, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
All interested persons are invited to attend and participate.
Tammie K. Drake, City Clerk