Private Parking Lots
Information for Private Parking Lot Owners and Operators who tow/boot vehicles and/or charge fees for parking.
The City of Hendersonville non-consensual towing ordinance goes into effect November 1, 2023.
Post to Charge Requirement Summary (For full details, view the City of Hendersonville Non-consensual Towing Ordinance.)
All private parking lots that are open to the general parking for a fee are required to have posted the following information:
- The fees being charged to park there, including any overtime parking fees, and fees charged for nonpayment of the parking fees.
- The name and contact information of the parking lot owner or operator, including a phone number that they can be reached at during normal business hours on Monday-Friday.
- The lot must have signage that clearly indicates that the lot is not a City owned-or operated parking lot.
Post to Tow Requirement Summary (For full details, view the City of Hendersonville Non-consensual Towing Ordinance.)
If a parking lot owner or operator tows or boots vehicles parked without permission, the following information must be posted on the lot:
- The applicable parking restrictions, or information stating that parking is prohibited.
- The name and phone number of the towing or booting company providing towing services or booting services for the lot.
- The towing fees and charges that apply if a vehicle is towed.
Towing Service Requirement Summary (For full details, view the City of Hendersonville Non-consensual Towing Ordinance.)
All tow truck companies towing cars from private parking lots are required to register with the Hendersonville Police Department, and keep on file and current with the Hendersonville Police Department located at 630 Ashe Street with the following information:
- Their business address.
- The name and contact number for their primary manager, operator or supervisor.
The make, model and tag number of each tow truck in service. Each tow truck in service should have a Service Provider Permit issued by the Hendersonville Police Department.
- A certificate of insurance.
- The address of their tow storage lot.
- Their fee schedule for towing, booting, releasing the vehicle if different, and all other fees and charges that you would be subject to if your vehicle is towed from a private parking lot.
The phone number for the Hendersonville Police Department is (828) 697-3025. They are located at 630 Ashe Street in Hendersonville.
For full details, including sign size requirements, view the City of Hendersonville Non-consensual Towing Ordinance.