Erosion and Sediment Control

It is important to prevent erosion and provide sediment control during construction. The Henderson County Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Local Programis responsible for Soil erosion and sedimentation control for all unincorporated areas of Henderson County, as well as the City of Hendersonville, Village of Flat Rock, Town of Laurel Park and Town of Fletcher.

Henderson County Site Development Department can address erosion complaints regarding current land disturbing activities. If you have a complaint regarding such, contact the Henderson County Site Development office with the address of the land disturbance and they will investigate. Either send an email to complaints or call (828) 694-6521.


For all other erosion or water quality related complaints please contact the City's Stormwater Hotline: 828-697-3013 or email

Reports can also be filed via the Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources' toll-free hotline, 1-866-STOPMUD or Muddy Water Watch Program

Additional Erosion and Sediment Control Resources can be found at NCDEMLR Erosion and Sediment Control FAQ's