Public Works Collection Schedule - December 12, 2018 Update
The Public Works Department will resume their regular garbage, recycling and brush collection schedule on Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 7am. Crews plan to resume picking up any brush that is not covered by snow and will continue the process as our area thaws. Leaf collection will be delayed until after the snow has melted.
We thank our residents for their patience and flexibility as crews have worked through the winter storm and its aftermath.
The responsibilities of the Public Works Department include:
- Coordinating street maintenance
- Maintaining traffic signals and lights
- Garbage and trash collection
- Maintaining public buildings, grounds and cemetery
- Recycling program
- Snow and ice removal
- Leaf collection
- Removal of dead animals within the street right of way
- Beautification of downtown Hendersonville and Seventh Avenue Historical District
- The City Garage
Business hours for the Public Works Department are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Garage (or Motorpool): The City Garage (Motorpool) is operated by the Public Works Department. It maintains and repairs all City vehicles. The garage is located at 312 Williams Street. Their phone number is (828) 697-3086.
Bridges: There are 13 bridges in Hendersonville that are not maintained by NCDOT. Bridges are thoroughly inspected every two years by State certified inspectors.
City Bridges [PDF]