Garden Jubilee, May 25-26, 2024
Garden Jubilee, one of the largest gardening shows in Western North Carolina, will be held on Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Memorial Day weekend. With nearly 200 plant and craft vendors lining Main Street, the Historic downtown will be transformed into a garden wonderland.
Local and regional nurseries, orchards and crafters will offer a wide variety of plants and handmade delights and gardening experts will be on hand to share the latest gardening tips and techniques.
Information to be announced in 2024
There is a new and exciting change for the 2023 Garden Jubilee Festival this year! The Friends of Downtown Hendersonville will be taking over the management of the festival. The Friends of Downtown Hendersonville, who proudly bring well-loved events to downtown such as Rhythm & Brews, the Hendersonville Farmers Market, and the Bearfootin’ Artwalk and Auction are thrilled to host Garden Jubilee and are planning in partnership and with full support of the Henderson County Tourism Development Authority in marketing and promotion of the event as it enters its 31st year.
There are still opportunities to be a Garden Jubilee sponsor! With an estimated attendance of 200,000 for this two-day garden extravaganza, it is the perfect opportunity to promote your business or organization. There are several sponsorship levels available and with this being the Friend’s first year managing the event, sponsor benefits are flexible. We are happy to make a sponsorship package that is the most beneficial to you!
For more information on this year’s Garden Jubilee festival or sponsorship package information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returning vendors will be contacted in Fall, 2023. If spaces are available, new vendors will be invited to apply in early 2024. Vendors must be garden and plant related.
To be considered, please email email@example.com.
Garden Jubilee is a juried event held during Memorial Day Weekend. All vendor products must be merchandise of good quality and garden related. The Garden Jubilee committee will review all applications and products to select vendors for 2024. Returning vendors are given priority.
- This event sells out every year. Booth space is limited, returning vendors must submit application by the deadlines below in order to reserve their space.
- All applicants will be notified by email when selections have been determined.
- Submission of application does not guarantee acceptance as a vendor.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
- January 31, 2024 Deadline for returning vendor applications
- February 15, 2024 Waitlisted vendors notified to apply by invitation
- March 30, 2024 - Deadline for new vendor applications
- March 31, 2024 - Deadline for cancellation refunds
- May 24 ,2024 Vendor setup (time of move in will be emailed to participants a week prior to the event)
- May 25-26, 2024 Garden Jubilee Festival
- Saturday, May 25,2024, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday, May 26, 2024, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Requirements to Participate as a Vendor:
- Meet the juried selection criteria and be chosen by the committee.
- Sign and date the application form to indicate your acceptance of the “Contract Terms”.
- Complete the application online or submit a legible paper application.
- All vendors must provide proof of insurance.
- Food vendors must determine if the $75 health department TFE permit fee applies to them and file the TFE application directly with the Henderson County Health Department.
- Pay online by credit card or mail/drop off a check or money order payable to “Friends of Downtown Hendersonville” 160 6th Avenue E, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Accepted Vendors Must agree to:
- Each vendor must provide adequate personnel and merchandise during event hours.
- Early breakdown of booths is prohibited. Early breakdowns will result in being excluded from future events.
- All vendors are required to participate both days.
Juried Selection Criteria
- All merchandise must be of good quality and garden related.
- Flea market items, mass-produced commercial crafts, purchase for assembly,
resale, or consignment items will not be accepted.
- The Garden Jubilee committee reserves the right to limit vendors of similar type, to determine the eligibility of all products, and to remove any objectionable materials or products that do not meet festival requirements.
- Changes to original products submitted for selection must be approved before event.
- The Hendersonville Tree Board advises vendors to consider encouraging native plants and curbing the spread of invasive plants. Please review that information here.
- All new applicants are required to submit a minimum of three photographs
showing product display and booth setup, as well as a detailed list of merchandise. Make sure photographs depict the products’ garden theme.
- All vendor applications must be completed in full, signed and dated.
- Applications submitted online with pay by check option are not valid until the check is received.
- Indicate on application if you will need water and/or electricity.
- Changes to the original application must be received no later than 14 days prior to the festival and approved by the Committee.