The positions below are currently open with the City of Hendersonville.
Online Employment Application
Please contact :
Jennifer Harrell, Human Resources Director
City of Hendersonville
145 Fifth Avenue East
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Any employment opportunities are shown below.
The City of Hendersonville Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/EMT. This position is responsible for performing all functions and services of firefighting and emergency medical rescue. Emphasis of the work is on responding to and providing fire, rescue, and emergency medical services to citizens and businesses. Work involves extinguishing fires at fire scenes, safeguarding lives, salvaging property, preventing the recurrence of fires, and protecting properties from the elements, vandalism, and theft. Work also includes routine inspection and maintenance of fire apparatus, fire station facilities and equipment, providing basic life support, training and drilling in the use of fire equipment and firefighting techniques, and the performance of public relations activities. Work is often performed under emergency conditions and frequently involves personal hazard. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license, graduations from a high school or GED, NC Firefighter Level II, Hazardous Materials Operations, and Emergency Medical Technician- Basic. Starting Salary is $33,481 and will be accompanied by the full-time benefits package available to city employees.
To apply: Upload or send a resume, cover letter and a completed City of Hendersonville application to email@example.com or bring/mail to Human Resources, City Hall, 145 5th Ave. E, Hendersonville, NC 28792. Application deadline is March 1, 2019. The City of Hendersonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
School Crossing Guard
The City of Hendersonville is seeking applicants for a School Crossing Guard. Crossing Guards work Monday through Friday for about 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon, as school starts and ends. The times are somewhere between the hours of 07:25-08:30AM and 2:25-3:30PM on school days.
- Will have the responsibility of escorting young children across streets, stopping traffic as necessary.
- Will have to familiarize themselves with basic traffic control signals and successfully apply them.
- Must be at prescribed location at least five minutes before the start of school and the end of the school day.
- Must be able to work in a courteous manner with the public, especially young children.
- Must be in observant and alert.
- Must be able to turn, stand for 30-40 minutes at a time, bend at the knees, lift and push up to 50 pounds, move arms in multiple directions.
- Good eyesight and hearing is very important.
- Must be able to withstand inclement weather.
The rate of pay is $25.00 per hour.
To apply: Applications may be obtained at the Police Records department within City Hall or upload a completed City of Hendersonville application or bring/mail to Human Resources, City Hall, 145 5th Ave. E, Hendersonville, NC 28792. Resumes may be submitted with the application but not instead of application. This position will remain open until filled. The City of Hendersonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _