City Council Public Hearings - July 7th Meeting - Notice
Notice is hereby given that the City of Hendersonville City Council will hold their regular monthly meeting on Thursday, July 7, 2022, at 5:45 p.m., in the City Operations Assembly Room located at 305 Williams Street, Hendersonville NC to consider the following:
1.Annexation: Public Hearing- Upward Road & Ballenger Road (Justus & Erwin) (C22-45-ANX)
2. Annexation: Public Hearing- Erkwood Drive (Kilpatrick) (C22-38-ANX)
3. Street Closure: Order to Close- Portion of Fitzsimmons Street (C22-36-SCL
4. Conditional Zoning District – AAA Expansion (P22-037-CZD) - Application for a conditional rezoning from Dennis Dorn of CD-Mat, LLC, applicant and Thomas and Sherry Thompson, property owners. The applicant is requesting to rezone the subject property, PIN 9579-75-6816 and located off at 780 Sugarloaf Road, from R-15, Medium Density Residential to PCD CZD, Planned Commercial Development Conditional Zoning District for the construction of a 49,692 sq. ft. storage unit expansion of an existing storage facility on approximately 2.48 acres.
5. Zoning Text Amendment – Sidewalks (P22-046-ZTA) – City Staff initiated Zoning Text Amendment pertaining to Section 6-12. Sidewalks. The proposed changes will reduce the distance requirements from a public amenity that may require the construction of sidewalks for single-family residential development. Additionally, the list of public amenities, the distance from which may require sidewalks, is proposed to be increased. Other points of clarification are included in the proposed revisions.
6. Zoning Map Amendment– Erkwood Rezoning (P22-48-RZO) - Application for a standard rezoning initiated by the City of Hendersonville to rezone the subject property PIN 9577-18-7316 and located along Erkwood Drive, from Henderson County R-40 to City of Hendersonville GHMU, Greenville Highway Mixed Use due to an annexation application submitted by Cameron and Kina Kilpatrick.
7. Zoning Map Amendment– Upward Road Rezoning (P22-049-RZO) - Application for a standard rezoning initiated by the City of Hendersonville to rezone the subject property PIN’s 9588-40-6934, 9588-40-7844 and 9588-40-8795 and located at the intersection of Upward Road and Ballenger Road, from Henderson County Regional Commercial to City of Hendersonville CHMU, Commercial Highway Mixed Use due to an annexation application for the properties submitted by Jeff Justus and James and Ruth Erwin..
8. Zoning Map Amendment– Edwards Park Rezoning (P22-052-RZO) - Application for a standard rezoning initiated by the City of Hendersonville to rezone the subject property PIN 9569705860 located at 1001 N Main St at the intersection of Locust St.
Digital/written public hearing comments must be received twenty-four hours prior to the meeting (by 5:45 p.m. on Wednesday July 6th ) to be considered by the City Council and must comply with security criteria in the Council’s Public Comment Policy, available on the City’s website.
Public hearing comments will also be accepted during the meeting from those attending in person and from those participating live via ZOOM at the designated time at this meeting. For security reasons screen sharing will not be allowed. Anyone wishing to submit written/digital public hearing comments for these public hearings prior to the meeting may visit https://www.hendersonvillenc.gov/comment to submit their comment. It is not necessary to submit digital comments if you are planning to address City Council during the meeting.
The meeting instructions to join by Zoom will be available on the City’s website calendar by visiting https://www.hendersonvillenc.gov/events-calendar and as follows:
Zoom information for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/join
Dial-in by phone: (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 822 0104 2528
The City of Hendersonville is committed to providing accessible facilities, programs, and services for all people in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Should you need assistance or a particular accommodation for this meeting please contact the City Clerk no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting (828) 697-3005.