Serve on a Hendersonville Advisory Board
The City of Hendersonville has openings on various advisory boards, commissions, and committees.
Have you ever wanted to make a difference?
Have you wondered, “Can the City benefit from my experience and knowledge?”
Do you want to have a voice in the City’s growth and future?
Do you want to be a part of the body that is responsible for contributing to decisions regarding policy and service?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then take the initial step forward and apply to serve on one of the 16 boards, commissions, and committees that advise the Mayor and City Council on a variety of issues.
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 15, 2021, in order for City Council to consider vacancies at their December Meeting. Below are current and upcoming vacancies for the December 2021 appointment cycle:
- Board of Adjustment – 1 City appointed vacancy (must reside in City Limits)
- Board of Adjustment – 1 County appointed vacancy (must reside in City’s ETJ- apply on County website)
- Downtown Advisory Board Main Street Service District (MSD) Stakeholder -1 City appointed vacancy (An MSD Stakeholder is defined as persons owning property within the Main Street municipal service district of the City of Hendersonville, or a business owner whose business is located within the Main Street municipal service district in the City of Hendersonville.)
- Downtown Advisory Board -2 City appointed vacancies (Members-At-Large)
- Historic Preservation Commission 4 City appointed vacancies (must reside in City Limits)
- Housing Authority Board – Mayor Appointment - 2 vacancies (Members-At-Large)
- Planning Board 4 City appointed vacancies (must reside in City Limits)
- Planning Board 2 County appointed vacancies (must reside in City’s ETJ- apply on County website)
- Tree Board - 2 City appointed vacancies (must reside in City or City’s ETJ)
- NEW: Stormwater Advisory Committee - multiple vacancies
(City Council is soliciting applicants to gauge interest in formation of a Stormwater Advisory Committee. All interested parties are encouraged to apply. Please visit the Stormwater Advisory Committee webpage for more information.)
The City often has advisory boards which consist of both City and County residents. Some of these boards require that persons reside in the county but within the City’s extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) and some appointments are made through the County or other entity. Please visit the Boards and Commissions webpage for further information regarding residency and appointment requirements.