New Council Members & Mayor Pro Tem Sworn In
During the December 5, 2019 City Council meeting, Council Members Steve Caraker and Ron Stephens were recognized for their service to the City of Hendersonville and each honored with a Proclamation of Appreciation and Respect.
Council Member Jennifer Hensley was sworn in with the Oath of Office administered by Representative Chuck McGrady.
Council Member Lyndsey Simpson was sworn in with the Oath of Office administered by Mayor Barbara Volk.
Council Member Jerry Smith was elected Mayor Pro Tempore and sworn in by Mayor Barbara Volk.
The Council made nominations and voted to fill seats on the following committees and advisory boards:
- Downtown Advisory Committee: Lyndsey Simpson
- Firemen's Relief Fund: Jerry Smith, Jennifer Hensley
- Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee, French Broad Metropolitan Planning Organization, Henderson County Technical Advisory Committee: Jennifer Hensley
- Henderson County Public School Facilities Committee: Jerry Smith, Jeff Miller
- Seventh Avenue Advisory Committee: Lyndsey Simpson
- Land of Sky Regional Council Board of Delegates: Barbara Volk (Lyndsey Simpson - alternate)
- Local Government Committee for Cooperative Action: Barbara Volk, Jerry Smith
- Mills River Partnership: Jeff Miller
- Water and Sewer Advisory Council: Jeff Miller
- Business Advisory Council: Jennifer Hensley