RFP: Garden Jubilee Event Planner
Request for Proposals - Event Planning Services for Garden Jubilee Festival - DEADLINE EXTENDED to 10/21/2022
Elevents, dba Friends of Downtown Hendersonville, a 501c3 Nonprofit (509a2) is requesting proposals from businesses or individuals who provide event planning and coordination services to manage the coordination of vendors and logistics for the Garden Jubilee Festival that takes place annually in Downtown Hendersonville.
The City of Hendersonville was incorporated January 7, 1847 and encompasses 7.6 square miles on a plateau about 2,200 feet above sea level. The City lies at the southern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, 40 miles north of Spartanburg and 22 miles south of Asheville on Interstate 26. You may learn more about the City's history here.
Downtown Hendersonville is an Accredited Main Street Program and offers an authentic small-town atmosphere with an unparalleled pedestrian experience, multiple options for urban living and a vibrant small business community.
Elevents, dba the Friends of Downtown Hendersonville, are the nonprofit partner of the city’s Downtown Program executes events and programming to further the economic development of the Main Street and 7th Avenue districts.
Garden Jubilee - Garden Jubilee has taken place on Main Street on Memorial Day Weekend in Downtown Hendersonville for 29 years. The Henderson County Tourism Development Authority (TDA) has overseen the growth of the event into one of the largest gardening shows in Western North Carolina. Following the 2022 festival, the management of the event was transferred to the Friends of Downtown Hendersonville, starting with the 2023 festival.
Responses to this RFP will be accepted until October 17, 2022. DEADLINE EXTENDED to 10/21/2022
Proposals should only be submitted electronically.
Friends of Downtown Hendersonville
Subject: Garden Jubilee Event Planning Proposal
Please direct any questions by email only to email@example.com.
Qualifications: Qualified proposals will demonstrate experience and expertise in planning and on-site management of large-scale festivals or events. Preferred experience includes street festivals or events taking place on public right of way which includes 100+ vendors.
What to provide in response to this RFP: Please include the following with your proposal:
- Company Information or Resume: Business or individual will provide general information about their work in a cover letter
- Cost to complete services: Please provide a price breakdown for services outlined in the scope of work. Please also include terms for payment. We will accept contracts that include a commission based on vendor recruitment and/or sponsorship.
- Additional Information: Businesses can provide additional information to verify their services meet specifications when applicable. (optional)
- Experience/References: Businesses are to submit relevant event planning experience and/or references as a part of this RFP.
- Interview: The Friends of Downtown may require an interview prior to offer negotiations.
Proposals will be evaluated based on qualifications, price, experience, and capabilities of the contractor.