Hendersonville Sustainability Hero Award
The Hendersonville Environmental Sustainability Board is pleased to announce the inaugural Hendersonville Sustainability Hero Award. The Sustainability Hero Award celebrates outstanding achievement in the pursuit of the City’s commitment to lead by example in pursuing environmentally sustainable practices critical to preserving the community for future generations. The Sustainability Hero award will honor an individual City employee or team that is a champion for change and is responsible for development and implementation of sustainability practices in Hendersonville and the surrounding community.
Nominations for the Sustainability Hero Award may be submitted by any individual or organization including citizens, City employees (co-workers) and non-governmental organizations and should be submitted to the Chair of the Environmental Sustainability Board, Kelly Pahle, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will be open until March 1, 2023.
Please consider these important factors when submitting your nomination.
Nominations for the Hendersonville Sustainability Hero Award should include a description of:
· The individual’s or team’s success in improving the condition of any of the environmental elements of the City and the surrounding community during calendar year 2022, including: Energy Management; Transportation (including fleet operations, walkability, and bikability); Waste Management (including waste diversion and reduction of toxic and hazardous chemicals and materials); Drinking Water, Stormwater, and Wastewater Management; and, Land Management and Conservation.
· The project(s) or effort(s) carried out by the individual or team, including any strategies and technologies that were deployed, who was involved and an approximate project timeline.
· Results and achievements accomplished during 2022, focusing not only on outputs but also on intermediate and long-term outcomes, and/or anticipated future outcomes.
· The nominee’s leadership in efficiency improvements and financial savings, innovation, education, and outreach.
· The nominee’s success in working across organizational boundaries, as well as working with other localities, organizations, or individuals to support and promote environmental sustainability goals in Hendersonville and the surrounding community.
Nominations for the Hendersonville Sustainability Hero Award may include a letter of support from a local or regional community partner.
2023 Hendersonville Sustainability Hero Award review process:
Call for Nominations February 1, 2023.
Nominations submission period February 1, 2023 – March 1, 2023.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Hendersonville Environmental Sustainability Board. The winning nomination will be recognized by the Mayor and Chair of the Environmental Sustainability Board during a public event such as the Hendersonville Earth Day celebration.