City of Hendersonville Invites the Community to Serve on Local Government Boards
The City of Hendersonville invites community members to participate in local government by serving on a board, committee, or commission. City Council is accepting applications for a variety of board appointments. Applications received by November 15th, 2022, will be considered at the City Council’s regular December meeting.
Community members are encouraged to become actively involved in matters affecting the quality of life in the beautiful City of Four Seasons. Serving on a board promotes personal and professional growth and allows members the opportunity to make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council on a variety of issues. Volunteering to serve is a constructive way to use one’s knowledge and experience to have an active voice in local government.
Some boards consist of seats filled by people who live within the Hendersonville city limits, or residents of the City’s extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) and unincorporated areas of Henderson County. For residency requirements and information on each board’s purpose and meeting schedule, visit the boards and commissions webpage.
Meetings are open to the public and anyone interested in seeing how a board operates is welcome to attend a meeting. Locations and meeting schedules are listed on the website calendar.
Below are current and upcoming vacancies for the December 2022 appointment cycle:
- Animal Services Advisory Board - 1 City-appointed vacancy (must be a veterinarian)
- Board of Adjustment - 1 City-appointed vacancy; 1 County-appointed vacancy
- Business Advisory Committee - 1 City-appointed vacancy
- Downtown Advisory Board - 2 City-appointed vacancies (7th Avenue Stakeholder and At-Large Member)
- Historic Preservation Commission - 4 City-appointed vacancies
- Planning Board - 4 City-appointed vacancies
- Tree Board - 2 City-appointed vacancies
- Walk of Fame - 1 City-appointed vacancy
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 15, 2022, for City Council to consider vacancies at their December meeting. A limited number of seats are available.