2022 Downtown Street Closures
Upcoming Downtown Event Street closures:
- Saturday mornings, May-Oct - Hendersonville Farmers Market, Maple Street closed from 6am-2pm
- May 14 - Jump Off Rock Races - iDaph Events, 400 and 500 block closure in morning for finish line, 4th Avenue closed from Church to Main Street.
Half Marathon: to take place between 7:30am-1pm starting at Jump Off Rock. Street closure is requested to start at 6am. Predicted attendance for the marathon is a several hundred. This is a point to point race with both a 10k and half marathon. The half marathon starts at Jump Off Rock and finishes downtown on Main Street. The 10k will start at the YMCA and conjoin with the half. The half marathon will start with waves between 7:30 and 9 a.m. Runners are instructed to stay on sidewalks if they are available so traffic can continue. Some parking for half marathon runners will be located at Dogwood. The race cutoff is 12:30pm.
- Third Thursdays, May-Sept - Rhythm & Brews, Friends of Downtown Hendersonville, South Main Street closed from Allen to Barnwell
- May 22 - 175th Birthday Party, City of Hendersonville, Courthouse Square closed
- Memorial Day Weekend - Garden Jubilee, Full Main Street Closure
- June 2 - Henderson County Teachers Celebration Historic Courthouse Square closed
- Fridays June 10-Aug 19 - Music on Main // Antique Car Shows - HCTDA and Carolina Car Club/Apple Country Corvette Club
- June 10, 24, July 22, August 5, 19, the closure extends to the Courthouse Square for the Apple Country Corvette Club
- June 11 - Antique and Vintage Show, Uncommon Asheville Main Street closure with Avenues Open.
- July 4 - July 4th Parade & July 4th Celebration - Parade on Main Street
- The parade route will be same as 2021, which is reverse from previous years, starting at S Main and going North. It was suggested to the organizers that they cap vehicles at 100. Staging will occur on Main from Caswell to King. The parade itself starts at 9am and should be over by 10:30.
- Main Street from Caswell to 3rd Ave starting at 2pm (continued from parade) (this is one block larger than last year - 5 blocks total). Aves are closed.
- September 1-5 - North Carolina Apple Festival - Main street is closed from 7th to Kanuga/Caswell, all avenues closed between Church and King except 7th, 6th; East side of Barnwell is left open for food vendor access.