Bearfootin’ Bears to Find Forever Homes this Weekend
After several weeks of virtual bidding, the 18th annual Bearfootin’ Bear Auction will come to an exciting close this Saturday. The twenty Bearfootin’ Art Walk bears have adorned Main Street for the last five months, each serving as a unique and colorful attraction to visitors and residents. Now, the time has come for these four-legged masterpieces to meet their forever owners.
The public is invited to tune in to Downtown Hendersonville’s Facebook page on October 24 at 6 p.m. for a fun livestream production to receive final online bids and announce winners.
As of Tuesday, the current proceeds from bidders total just over $40,000. One bear, benefiting the Shriners Hospital for Children, was purchased at the “Buy Now” price of $7,500. Behind that, the highest bid for a single bear is $3,300, benefiting the Smart Start Partnership for Children. Almost all 20 bears have at least one bid going into the final event on Saturday.
Proceeds from each bear at the auction will benefit a designated local nonprofit. Half of the proceeds up to $3,000 will go towards Friends of Downtown Hendersonville to sustain the event and support the overall Downtown Program. Any amount above the $3,000 split will go to the designated nonprofit (in other words, a maximum of $1,500 per bear will go towards Friends of Downtown).
Bidding is easy!
- Navigate to the event page, select your favorite bear and click “Bid Now”.
- For your first bid, you will be asked to register with your name, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
- Submit your desired bid amount. All bears start at $1,500 and bidding increments are $100. Bidders can also choose to “Buy Now” at $7,500 until Thursday, October 22 at 5pm.
- You will receive confirmation via text or email for your first bid. If another bidder outbids you, you will receive immediate notification with an opportunity to submit a higher bid.
- All bidding closes at 7 p.m. on October 24. If you have the winning bid, you will be notified. Payment is accepted via cash, check, or credit card using the event website (with a 2.95% charge).
Stay tuned to downtownhendersonville.org for additional information on the 2020 Bearfootin’ Art Walk Auction!