The Sanitation Division is responsible for weekly pickup of solid waste. All garbage must be in plastic garbage bags of 0.75 mil thickness or greater with the top tied and placed in the City-provided trash carts prior to 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. Appliances are collected curbside at no extra charge (please call to arrange pickup). If you have additional questions please call the office at (828) 697-3084.
Appliances the City will pick up:
- Refrigerator (remove doors)
- Freezer (remove doors)
- Water Heater
Click here to view our Environmental Services Resources Guide [PDF] and access additional information about our services.
Click here to view the City Garbage Route Map [PDF]
Click here to view the 2018 Holiday Garbage Schedule [PDF]
The Sanitation Division DOES NOT pick up:
- Furniture of any kind, mattresses, box springs, computers, or TV's
- Auto Parts – antifreeze, motor filters, scrap parts, batteries, should be taken to the Henderson County Transfer Station.
- Construction & Building Materials – bricks, cement, lumber, plaster, carpet, toilets, doors, roofing materials and sheeting must be taken to the Henderson County Transfer Station by the homeowner or contractor.
- Hazardous Waste – watch for Henderson County’s Solid Waste Department’s next Hazardous Waste Collection Event.
- Leaves, grass, and brush produced by a contractor (it must be hauled off by the contractor).
- BAGGED yard waste and/or leaves.
Residential Solid Waste Monthly Cost:
96-gallon container (non recycler): $22.00
96-gallon container (actively recycles): $18.50
32-gallon container (non recycler): $20.00
32-gallon container (actively recycles): $16.25
Commercial Solid Waste Monthly Cost:
Commercial Garbage - (96-gallon cart): - $24.00 - (includes free 65 gallon recycling cart and weekly collection)
Commercial Garbage - (Non-recycler) - $27.50
Commercial - recycling only - once per week collection $12.00 (up to four 65 gallon carts or 1.28 cubic yards)
Commercial - recycling only - twice per week collection $22.00 (up to four 65 gallon carts)
Special loads Minimum fee of $150.00 plus tipping fees of $60.00 per ton
Special load (small) Minimum of $50.00 plus tipping fees of $60.00 per ton
Small load $10.00
Large load $40.00
Special Services Assistance: The City of Hendersonville has a "special service" policy for residents who are unable to get their trash and/or recyclables to the curb on their collection days. The Code of Ordinances, Chapter 44 Solid Waste Management, Section 44-52 Special Service states: “Residential customers of the City of Hendersonville Solid Waste services who suffer physical conditions which would cause it to be an extreme hardship may obtain back or side-yard pickup of refuse containers.” For further information and an application, download the Special Service Form [PDF]
Send completed Special Service Form, signed by your physician, to:
Sanitation Division – Special Service Request
Public Works Department
305 Williams Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792