The City of Hendersonville’s Wellness Committee will be hosting the 8th Annual Turkey Trot 5k Thanksgiving morning on November 26, 2020. Participants will notice changes aimed at promoting social distancing, but the focus of keeping active and having fun will remain the same.
Registration for the Turkey Trot is now closed.
You may still show up to the race as an unregistered entry to enjoy the event. Please practice the 3 W's.
What stays the same?
- The Purpose – Hendersonville’s Turkey Trot is a fun and family-friendly opportunity to exercise and keep active.
- The Course - The 5k course begins in front of City Hall at Fifth Avenue East and King Street, travels through downtown, and ends back at City Hall.
- The Cost - Registration is $12 and includes a long sleeve t-shirt and race packet.
- The Fun!!!
What will change?
- Open Start Window - Participants are invited to begin the walk/run anytime on November 26 between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. There will be no race clock or official start time. Walkers and runners should plan to be off the course by 10:30 a.m.
- Additional Packet Pick-up Time - Race packets may be picked up on Tuesday, November 24 or Wednesday, November 25 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the City Hall lobby located at 160 Sixth Avenue East. (Please wear a mask and wait six feet apart when visiting the lobby.)
- Race Extras - There will be no prizes awarded in 2020 and there will be no water station provided on the course.
- The 3 W’s - Practice the 3 W’s by wearing a mask or cloth face covering when unable to social distance. Be sure to wait six feet apart from others. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- On Your Own - Individuals who register may also choose to complete the course on their own on an alternate day and time.
The Turkey Trot starts near the intersection of 5th Avenue East and King Street in front of City Hall. Participants proceed south on Main Street, right on Barnwell Street, right on Washington Street, left on 4th Avenue, right on Valley Street, loop through Oakdale Cemetery, return to 5th Avenue via Ehringhaus Street, and return to City Hall on 5th Ave West.
For more information, contact Lu Ann Welter at (828) 233-3204.