Hendersonville, NC, October 4, 2018: In an effort to improve communication between the City Council and Hendersonville residents, the City Council will be hosting five community meetings throughout the City of Hendersonville. These meetings or “Council Conversations” will be held at strategic locations in Hendersonville. According to Mayor Barbara Volk, “the Council has made it a priority to meet with our citizens to discuss our vision for the community and receive feedback about what we are doing well and what we can improve on. We believe the best way to do this is to get out of City Hall and meet our residents in or near their neighborhoods.” Each meeting will be hosted by an individual council member with the City Manager and staff in attendance to help answer questions or provide information. Out of respect to everyone’s time, each “conversation” will be limited to one hour. Mayor Pro Tem Ron Stephens stated, “We hope these meetings will be well attended, because we want to hear from our residents!”
The 2018 Council Conversations are planned for the following dates and locations:
- October 15, 2018 – Union Grove Baptist Church – 901 Robinson Terrace – 7:00 PM – Hosted by Mayor Barbara Volk
- October 29, 2018 – Hendersonville Church of Christ – 1975 Haywood Road – 7:00 PM - Hosted by Mayor Pro Tem Ron Stephens
- November 5, 2018 – Ebenezer Baptist Church - 2557 Chimney Rock Road – 6:00 PM - Hosted by Councilman Jeff Miller
- November 19, 2018 – Henderson County Health Sciences Center – Room 2003 – 801 Sixth Avenue West – 6:00 PM - Hosted by Councilman Jerry Smith
- December 3, 2018 – Henderson County Chamber of Commerce 204 Kanuga Road – 7:00 PM - Hosted by Councilman Steve Caraker
The City Council has made an effort to locate a meeting in close proximity to all Hendersonville residents. However, residents are welcome to attend the meeting that is most convenient for them.
Please direct any questions to John Connet, City Manager at (828) 233-3201.
Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:57:00 AM