North Carolina General Statues require municipalities to keep the public informed and notified of most items of public business conducted by the City Council. In most cases, the law requires notice to be published in a newspaper of general circulation. Typically, notices are placed under the "Legal Notices" heading. We also make these notices to the public available here.
Bid postings, RFPs, RFQs
Public Hearing was held at the February 9, 2017 Council Meeting, decision by the Council was postponed.
RESOLUTION OF INTENT
A resolution declaring the intention of the City of Hendersonville City Council to consider the closing of a portion of 9th Avenue West between N. Church Street and Oakland Street
WHEREAS, NC General Statute (G.S.) 160A-299 authorizes the City Council to close public streets and alleys; and
WHEREAS, Henderson County and the Henderson County Board of Public Education, have petitioned the Council of the City of Hendersonville to close a portion of 9th Avenue West between N. Church Street and Oakland Street; and
WHEREAS, the City Council considers it advisable to conduct a public hearing for the purpose of giving consideration to the closing of a portion of 9th Avenue West between N. Church Street and Oakland Street.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Hendersonville:
1. A meeting will be held at 5:45 p.m. on the ninth day of February, 2017, in the Council Chambers of City Hall to consider closing a portion of 9th Avenue West between N. Church Street and Oakland Street.
2. The City Clerk is hereby directed to publish this Resolution of Intent once a week for four successive weeks.
3. The City Clerk is further directed to transmit by registered or certified mail to each owner of property abutting upon that portion of said street a copy of the Resolution of Intent.
4. The City Clerk is further directed to cause adequate notices of the Resolution of Intent and the scheduled public hearing to be posted as required by G.S. 160A-299.
Adopted by the City Council at a meeting held on the fifth day of January 2017.
/s/Barbara G. Volk, Mayor
ATTEST: /s/Tammie K. Drake, MMC, City Clerk
A meeting of the City of Hendersonville Planning Board will be held on Monday March 13, at 4:00 p.m., in the Assembly Room of the City Operations Center, 305 Williams Street, to consider the following:
- Application for site plan review for Magnolia Walk for 25 single family homes on 10.22 acres located at 1500 N. Main Street.
- Application for a special use permit from Henderson County to construct a 51,629 sq. ft. building to be used as the Henderson County Emergency Services Headquarters and a 10,778 sq. ft. storage building to be located at 2529 Asheville Highway. As part of the project the applicant is requesting the parcel to be rezoned to PID, Planned Institutional Development.
- Application for a special use permit from Mission Development LLC for the Lakewood Trace Development located on Lakewood Road, the applicant proposes to construct 4 apartment buildings consisting of 80 residential units and a community center. As part of the project, the applicant is requesting the parcel to be rezoned to PRD, Planned Residential Development.
All supplementary materials related to these agenda items are available for public inspection and review at the City Development Assistance Department, located at 100 N. King Street, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
All interested persons are invited to attend and participate.