North Carolina General Statues require municipalities to keep the public informed and notified of most items of public business conducted by the City Council. In most cases, the law requires notice to be published in a newspaper of general circulation. Typically, notices are placed under the "Legal Notices" heading. We also make these notices to the public available here.
Bid postings, RFPs, RFQs
The Hendersonville City Council will hold their regular meeting at 5:45 p.m., Thursday, May 4, 2017 at the City Operations Center, 305 Williams Street. At this meeting, Council will conduct public hearings to consider the following:
- A text amendment to the City of Hendersonville Zoning Ordinance Section 5-12-1 I-1, Industrial District Permitted Uses to add parking lots and garages.
- Application from Henderson County and Henderson County Public Education for a special use permit to construct a 225,000 sq. ft. building to be used as the Hendersonville High School. As part of the project the applicant is requesting the parcel(s) to be rezoned from R-6 High Density Residential, C-3 Highway Business and MIC Medical, Institutional and Cultural to PID Planned Institutional District. The project is to be located on the existing Hendersonville High School property and the old Boyd Automotive Dealership that are Parcels #9569-60-9162 and #9569-70-0527. The project’s proposed off-street parking facility is located across Oakland Street on Parcel #9569-60-4631.
- Application from Dustin Beach for a satellite annexation of 0.902 acres of the property identified as Parcel #9568-41-6870 located at 1398 Stanwood Lane.
Supplementary materials related to these items are available for public inspection and review at the Development Assistance Department, located at 100 North King Street, Hendersonville, NC, during normal working hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday).
Tammie K. Drake, MMC, City Clerk
Public Hearing was held at the February 9, 2017 Council Meeting, decision by the Council was postponed.
RESOLUTION OF INTENT Resolution #17-0105
A resolution declaring the intention of the City of Hendersonville City Council to consider the closing of a portion of 9th Avenue West between N. Church Street and Oakland Street
WHEREAS, NC General Statute (G.S.) 160A-299 authorizes the City Council to close public streets and alleys; and
WHEREAS, Henderson County and the Henderson County Board of Public Education, have petitioned the Council of the City of Hendersonville to close a portion of 9th Avenue West between N. Church Street and Oakland Street; and
WHEREAS, the City Council considers it advisable to conduct a public hearing for the purpose of giving consideration to the closing of a portion of 9th Avenue West between N. Church Street and Oakland Street.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Hendersonville:
1. A meeting will be held at 5:45 p.m. on the ninth day of February, 2017, in the Council Chambers of City Hall to consider closing a portion of 9th Avenue West between N. Church Street and Oakland Street.
2. The City Clerk is hereby directed to publish this Resolution of Intent once a week for four successive weeks.
3. The City Clerk is further directed to transmit by registered or certified mail to each owner of property abutting upon that portion of said street a copy of the Resolution of Intent.
4. The City Clerk is further directed to cause adequate notices of the Resolution of Intent and the scheduled public hearing to be posted as required by G.S. 160A-299.
Adopted by the City Council at a meeting held on the fifth day of January 2017.
/s/Barbara G. Volk, Mayor
ATTEST: /s/Tammie K. Drake, MMC, City Clerk