The Administration Department is made of up the City Manager, Assistant to the City Manager, City Clerk, Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Coordinator and the Public Information Officer.
The Administration department serves all departments and the City Council.
Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes
The City Manager is John Connet. John has a Bachelor’s Degree from Western Carolina University and Master of Public Administration from Appalachian State University. John is a member of the International City/County Manager Association and the North Carolina City/County Manager Association.
Assistant to the City Manager
The Assistant to the City Manager is Brian Pahle. He is responsible for providing assistance to the manager with the budget.
The City Clerk is Tammie Drake. The City Clerk serves as a direct link between the citizens of the community and their government. Duties of the City Clerk include:
- organizing meetings of the City Council
- assisting in the preparation of the agenda for City Council meetings
- serving as custodian of City records, ordinances, resolutions, policies, etc. adopted by the City Council
- responding to requests for information from citizens, businesses, media and other agencies
- recording today's events for tomorrow's history
- continuing education so citizens receive the most knowledgeable service possible
- maintaining information on all the boards and commissions appointed by the City Council.
See Board Information for information concerning boards and commissions.
The Human Resources Director is Jennifer Harrell.
The Human Resources Coordinator is Lu Ann Welter. She coordinates the employee wellness program, the safety program, and the customer service excellence program.
Public Information Officer
The Public Information Officer is Tara Ledbetter.