The purpose of this committee is to advise the Board of Commissioners and Hendersonville City Council on matters related to a Walk of Fame. The Committee shall act in the following manner:
- Determine the logistics of establishing a Walk of Fame in downtown Hendersonville.
- Recognize outstanding contributors to the growth and development of Henderson County.
- Identify the disciplines for which people would be recognized (for example: agriculture, education, cultural arts, industry, government, health care, commerce and special services)
- Establish the qualifications for recognition within each of the identified disciplines.
- Determine a procedure for setting up a selection committee
- Establish the means of recognition
- Identify a means of establishing sponsorships/funding mechanisms for expenses related to the project.
The Walk of Fame Steering Committee is comprised of five voting members: two appointed by the Henderson County Board of Commissioners, three are appointed by the Hendersonville City Council.
Regular meetings of the Committee are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 10:30 a.m., location: to be announced.