Starting Water / Sewer Service

Customer Service Team (828)697-3052

Starting new Water & Sewer Service

Customers are provided a number of options to initiate water and sewer service. Please find these options detailed below.

Please note that new customers are required to provide a $100 security deposit to start service. This requirement is waived for customers who enroll in our Automatic Bank Draft program and remain on draft for a minimum of 6 months. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Team at (828) 697-3052.

Starting New Service

City Hall, Third Floor
145 Fifth Avenue East
Hendersonville, NC 28792

We encourage customers to come to City Hall, Third Floor, 145 Fifth Ave. E., Hendersonville, if interested in opening a new account. In this manner, our customer service representatives get to meet you and walk you through the setup process. Please bring the following documents with you.

New Service Application Form (please download and fill out at your soonest convenience)

Transfer Service Application Form (for current customers looking to transfer service between addresses)

Proof of Identification Documents (e.g. a driver's license, passport, or other government-issued ID)

Proof of Residence Documents (e.g. a lease agreement, contract for purchase, or deed)

Security Deposit or ACH Enrollment Form*


Starting New Service Online

 If a new customer cannot come to City Hall, you are welcome to initiate the service process online. You can use the online Customer Service Utility Application Form to initiate service. This form substitutes for the Service Application Form mentioned above. Please note, you will still be contacted regarding the proof of residence/identification requirements and the security deposit or ACH Enrollment Form (if these are not attached).

**As of 3/30/2016, the City no longer allows the initiation of service over the phone. All customers should visit our physical location or use the online form above. You may still call to request forms be mailed or faxed to you in the event that you are unable to visit our offices or use our online form.**

If you have any questions please call the Customer Service Team  - (828)697-3052