Meeting Schedule

2017 Meeting Schedule

For more information on boards and commissions appointed by the City, please contact City Clerk Tammie Drake by e-mail or by calling 828/697-3005.

Boards and Commissions

The boards and commissions of the City of Hendersonville serve under the auspices of the City Charter or by City Ordinance.

Because these boards are authorized to exercise any one or more of the following functions: legislative, policy-making, quasi-judicial, administrative, or advisory, each is subject to the open meetings law which requires meetings be open to the public. A schedule of meeting times and places is posted at City Hall and on this website for those boards that hold regular meetings.  Every public body must keep full and accurate minutes of all official meetings (NCGS ยง143-318.10(e).

All members, with the exception of the ABC Board, serve without compensation.  Meetings are held in the Assembly Room of the Operations Center located at 305 Williams Street, Hendersonville, NC unless otherwise noted.

The City of Hendersonville appreciates your interest in serving on our boards. The Council realizes future leadership of the City often comes from members serving on these Boards and places a high value on these volunteers. In the event there is not a vacancy at the time of your application, the City Clerk will retain your application on file for one year to present to the City Council when an opening arises.  If you have not been appointed within one year, you may reapply.

For certain positions, the City Council may wish to interview applicants to get to know them and their interests so the applicant may be matched to a commission or board for which they are well suited. The City Clerk will notify you if this is necessary.

In addition to these boards, there are several ad-hoc or standing committees which advise the City Council on specific issues. Please contact the City Clerk for more information on these ad hoc committees.

Official lists of board and commission members are available by contacting the City Clerk at

Download Application or Apply Online