A Water and Sewer Advisory Council is a requirement of the 2002 Mud Creek Sewer District Purchase and Interlocal Cooperation and Settlement Agreement with Henderson County. Because the previous Council had not met since 2004, the Henderson County Water and Sewer Advisory Council was reformed in 2017.
The membership consists of 11 members:
1. One sitting member of the Hendersonville City Council,
2. One sitting member of the Henderson County Board of Commissioners,
3. One governing board member from Fletcher, Mills River, Laurel Park, Flat Rock and Saluda.
4. One industry representative appointed by Henderson County Partnership for Economic Development.
5. One business representative appointed by Henderson County Chamber of Commerce
6. One Henderson County utility customer appointed by Henderson County Board of Commissioners
7. One City of Hendersonville utility customer appointed by the Hendersonville City Council.
The City has ultimate control on how the system grows, etc. but seeks input from the other entities.
Rules of Procedure