The City of Hendersonville is pleased to announce a program offered by the Environmental Sustainability Board. We are now offering “Ivy” rain barrels through a new rain barrel program at a discounted price to encourage residents to conserve precious water resources as well as to protect water quality.
For a limited time, you may purchase 50-gallon Ivy rain barrels at a discounted price through this website using a credit card. There will also be a limited number of rain barrels on the day of the sale on a first-come, first-served basis. The normal retail is $99 but through this special promotion they are only $68.
Order now for a May 27 or May 28 pick up in Hendersonville from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Grey Hosiery Mill, 301 Fourth Ave. East, Hendersonville, NC 28792.
The City of Hendersonville is committed to protecting our water quality and managing storm water runoff. This program is an important step toward protecting clean water in our community because it offers an inexpensive and proven option to help people make a difference in their own backyards. Rain barrels offer a number of benefits to the community and residents including
- reducing stormwater runoff pollution from residential lots,
- allowing residents to store and use rainwater for irrigation and gardening during times of drought,
- lowering water bills, and
- reducing the demand on the municipal water treatment and supply.
The rain barrel captures rainwater from roof-tops by connecting to the homes downspout. This water would typically be sent down the storm drain carrying potential contaminants and contributing to flash flooding. The cumulative effect of rain barrels implemented throughout a geographic area can have a significant impact on stormwater management and water quality. Water collected by the rain barrels can be used for gardens, lawns, and washing cars or pets.
For more information on the rain barrel program or to order a rain barrel, please visit: http://www.rainwatersolutions.com/products/hendersonville
Ivy rain barrel features:
• Made in the USA!
• 50% recycled plastic
• Dimensions 42.5”H x 22” W x 18” L
• Child proof, bug proof lid
• Best-in-class overflow set up
• 3/4" ball valve easily connects to garden hose
• Two rain barrels easily fit in the backseat of a mid sized sedan
• All parts included and ready to set up
• Gravity fed. No pumps required
• Link two or more IVY’s together using your existing overflow hose